Friday 19 August 2016

West Sussex ....


After a lovely week in Wiltshire we went on our way to West Sussex and had a stop at the garden centre Wyevale in Crawley.
 Where not only we had a latte with delicious cake, but also bought some plants including this gorgeous Oriental Poppy ....




Next stop before reaching our cottage for the upcoming week was the lovely village Amberley .... 





 With its own Amberley Village Tearoom ....




Where we had a delicious high tea in the most gorgeous setting ....




The next day we braved the climb to Leith Hill to admire the views from the highest point in South-East England ....






This was our view before the heavens opened ....




Another destination I already decided at home I really wanted to visit was Monk's House .
Not only was I impressed by the beautiful garden but also the atmosphere as if the Woolf's still live there.
I would love to share all the beauty seen at this house and garden in another blog post with you.
So for now a photo of the wonderful conservatory ....




When in East Sussex a visit to the town Lewes is a real must. With the most gorgeous homes on every corner ....




And shops of course, one of my favourite must be this one Closet & Botts ....




Following so much people on Instagram and sharing my travels daily with them resulted in many tips for the best spots to visit.
Like having lunch at this lovely place, Flint Owl Bakery ....




After the day spend in this lovely town (and spend way to much money) we went to Ditchling Beacon and adored the panoramic views ....








And on our way back this field full of poppy's as a wonderful bonus ....




After my question on Instagram where to go for my search for another piece of Hogben Pottery , I was sent to a store in the village Cranleigh .
How much fun my visit to this gorgeous shop One Forty turned out to be. Not only I bought a lovely jug, but more important meeting the lovely Steph, who I follow on Instagram for a long time now, in person.
It was such a wonderful surprise to meet this lovely lady and also how she arranged the 'VIP treatment' to have a first look at the just arrived stock that didn't even made it to the store yet.
How I love this little community in my phone ....




It makes the jug even more special, because every time I'll fill it with flowers reminds me of this wonderful day ....




Steph also told me I should really visit a village near, called Shere thinking I would really like it. She was so right, it was a shere delight ....




Lovely shops, cottages and (cottage) gardens ....




How time flies when you are having fun because before we knew it was already our last day. I couldn't leave before I payed a visit to the gorgeous shop of Lucy, The Country Brocante Store in Midhurst .... 




And couldn't leave before buying this lovely vintage Birds book first .... 




On our way back to the cottage we passed the picturesque village Petworth .... 






Where there's still village life with all those little shops and where everyone seems to know each other ....






What a pleasant surprise it was to also drive past thelovely Wisborough Green I know from the Vintage on the Green through facebook.
We've sat at the pond feeding the ducks, so tranquil and the perfect way to end a wonderful holiday ....








Home again where these beauties (also bought at the garden centre in Crawley) every time I enter my front door, reminds me of a wonderful holiday ....



And at the same time realising how fortunate we are, because tonight we're leaving for our next break .... on our way to la douce France!

Happy Friday, have a lovely weekend.

Anita
 ~xo~ 

4 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures of my neck of the wood and really fun seeing the familiar through new eyes!
    glad you made it to Shere, it really is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anita your visits to England are so peacefully beautiful. I fell in love with Monk house this Winter while reading through the Virginia Woolf Garden book that I won in a Cabbages And Roses Giveaway on Instagram. It is the very reason why I tried planting a flower garden this year. It is my favorite gardening book and I can only dream of visiting. So I will wait with anticipation to read your post dedicated to Monk House.

    The panoramic views of the English countryside are breathtaking. So so so lovely. Thank you for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wij gaan volgend jaar ook op vakantie naar Frankrijk, naar de Ardeche om precies te zijn, maar ik weet nu al zeker dat ook dat land of gebied mijn favoriete Engeland niet van haar eerste plaats kan verstoten. En zeker als ik nu weer jouw prachtige foto's zie. Ik weet het zeker, ik ben een echte Anglofiel. Jeetje wat hebben jullie veel moois gezien en wat ben je in heerlijke winkels geweest. Helemaal weg van dat prachtige serviesgoed met die kippen en andere diertjes er op, van Hogben Pottery.
    Ik heb genoten van alles wat je ons hebt laten zien. En niet in de laatste plaats van dat veld met Poppy's, wat geweldig is dat.
    Liefs,
    Mirjam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photographs are just great!!! I will visit your blog again when I can spend more time just soaking up the beauty!

    ReplyDelete