Monday 17 March 2014

Happy (blog) Birthday to me ....

Not only it's my Birthday today but also my first blog anniversary!
Exactly a year ago this "birthday girl" gave herself a (in the meantime very precious)
present , my own blog !

At first really scary and still finding it a bit exciting every time I push the button to publish a new post.
But all in all it was the best thing I have gave myself in years.

Every time I'm so touched by the heartwarming response here, on my Facebookpage and through Instagram. So very pleased that people take the time to leave a comment.

At the same time it's also a little diary because it documents all kind of events and moments who are dear to me.
I hope you will join me for a little trip 'down memory lane' ....


This is where it all started , my first post  Looking back on the past year ....


                                                                           


An emotional event was surely my middle son who bought his first own home. And even the fact that his flat is "just around the corner" it's still the first child which leaves the nest.
It turned out to be such a fun and happy time, decorating his first home together .
You can read more about it over here  Mood board aka Mother board ....





After my return with my family to my beloved England after so many years it soon became clear that it would not be our last visit.
So my husband and I returned the next year resulting in  A little homesick ....





With a son who left home we got more space in our house and a long-cherished wish came true , still so very pleased with  My own (work) space ....





Last Summer I had a lovely day with my eldest son, the one who takes his mum to the museum.
A post filled with all the beauty we saw in the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam
A cultural day within the joys of motherhood .... 





And this very lucky mum had the privilege to have had a short family holiday with the presence of all our (grown) boys  Summer holiday ....





It was also a year which I allowed myself a little more time to do the things I most like
DIY .... fruit salad for the birds





And sometimes a bit  Reminiscing ....





But most of all it was about sharing my thoughts and memories with you  A year filled with (most of all sweet) memories .... 



So this year it is again a very nice gift because I never dreamt this a year ago.
Thank you so much for joining me this past year and I hope many returns!

Lots of love,
Anita xo 

16 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Anita (& the blog). Hope you're having a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Anita! I hope you have enjoyed a wonderful day and look forward to another year, reading your lovely blog...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Anita! It's my daughter's bday today as well! Your blog is just beautiful! xo jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen and happy Birthday to your daughter! xo

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday Anita and may this year be filled with many more beautiful posts of happy moments. I have so enjoyed my visits here and also getting to know you a little through IG. Here is to many more happy returns! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks....the feeling is mutual , it's so nice to get to know each other a little better through blogging and IG! Anita xo

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday Wishes to you Anita ~ and how wonderful that you decided to start your blog on your birthday too ♥ I always enjoy stopping by the reed warbler to visit. have a wonderful weekend xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb and so nice to have you as a visitor! Anita xo

      Delete
  6. A belated Happy Birthday Anita, and a very happy blog birthday too, how nice that they are on the same day. It's my first blog birthday this week as well, and I feel very much the same as you about it, it's exciting, but a bit scary too! Hope you had a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks....I had a great day, have been spoiled with lovely presents and also a camera . Previously I borrowed the camera of my eldest son and so very pleased to have one of my own now.Also a happy blog Birthday to you and good to hear I'm not the only one not always being so confident ! Anita xx

      Delete
  7. Sorry, I have just started getting up to date on blog reading again. Happy belated Birthday Anita, coupled with your bloganniversary. It's lovely looking back isn't it. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Chel, I really loved your last post with all your beautiful (spring)pictures so tomorrow I'm going for a walk with a good friend -with my new camera-and try to make some of my own! Anita xx

    ReplyDelete